Coding Week 03: GSoC 2022 with OpenMRS
The third coding week started on the 26th of June 2022. As usual, I will be talking about how the second week of coding went. The week 02 blog post can be read here.
Let’s start from where I stopped last time. My second pull request got merged after adding the translations. Now the user can search for patients based on the concepts.
I talked to the UX design lead of the O3 squad to get some inputs for the cohort builders' UI. He gave me feedback on the UI mockups I drew before starting the project. Most importantly he was kind enough to suggest a whole new design which is can be seen below.
I posted this on my OpenMRS talk thread to get some feedback from others well. Everyone was excited about this new user interface. I will be working on this next week.
I updated the default eslint rules with some extra rules to enforce the codebase more. I added the import order rule which is going to make our imports cleaner. Since we are using I used no explicit any rule which is going to encourage us to use relevant data types instead using
any type. I also added no unused imports and unused vars as well. which is going to throw lint errors if there are unused imports and variables. Below is my current eslint configuration.
The testing is important since it discovers defects/bugs before the delivery to the client, which guarantees the quality of the software. As the first step of this, I started writing unit tests with React Testing Library along with Jest as the test runner. This is the first time I wrote unit tests but I have written e2e tests before. This is just the beginning I’m planning to write more unit tests in the upcoming weeks.
Write unit tests to test the components by anjula-sack · Pull Request #7 ·…
Add this suggestion to a batch that can be applied as a single commit. This suggestion is invalid because no changes…
I started working on the search history feature. This is a table with options to save the cohort, save the query and download the data in CSV format. Session storage will be used to store the history until the user's session ends.
My plan for next week is to finish the search history and start work on the new UI. For more updates, you can follow my OpenMRS talk thread.
With that, the third week of coding ended. I’m looking forward to start work on the next milestone. Stay tuned for the week 04 updates. Don’t forget to check out my other articles as well. See you guys at the next one. Until then stay safe! ✌️