Coding Week 05: GSoC 2022 With OpenMRS
We are one week behind reaching the mid of the coding phase of GSoC. This week I was able to gain some speed than the previous weeks. Let's see what I have done so far this week. Here’s the week four update in case you need to follow up.
This week, I added the following searching criteria to the cohort builder.
Search by Demographics
Searching by demographics is where the user can create cohorts using the demographics.
There are 5 demographic search options namely:
- Gender — Search by gender option
- Age — Filter patient search results by age range i.e. 0–14
- Birthdate — Filter patient search results by birthdate range ie 20 Feb 1988–03 May 2006
- Alive — Search only for patients who are alive.
- Dead — Search for deceased patients.
Search by Person Attributes
There are 10 person attributes search options:
- Birthplace filter by place of birth
- Citizenship — Filter patient results by specifying their country of origin
- Civil Status
- Health Center — Filter by details of health centre attended by patients
- Health District allows you to filter by similar health districts
- Mother’s Name — Filter by similar mother’s name
- Race — Filter results by the patient’s racial background
- Telephone number — Filter by similar phone numbers
- Unknown patient
- Test patient
This allows the user to search for patients with specific information that further describes them.
Here’s the PR for search by demographics and search by person attributes,
O3-1303: Implement the search by demographics and person attributes feature by anjula-sack · Pull…
Purpose The purpose of this PR is to fix #O3-1303 Goals To give the user the ability to search for patients based on…
Search by Encounters
Search by Encounter uses to search patients with a specific type of activity or encounter. For example, check-in, check-out, transfer, admission etc.
Search by Location
Search by location allows the user to search for patients by the encounter location. Ex: Amani hospital, inpatient ward, isolation ward etc.
Here’s the PR for search by encounters and locations,
O3-1304: Implement the search by encounters and search by location feature by anjula-sack · Pull…
Purpose The purpose of this PR is to fix #O3-1304 Goals To give the user the ability to search for patients based on…
Next week: Search by program enrollments
Searching by program enrollments has the following fields required by the user to perform the search.
* Date Ranges for the following
In The Program
Enrolled in the program
Completed the program
As usual, I presented my work on the weekly O3 call. For more updates, you can follow my OpenMRS talk thread.
With that, the fifth week of coding ended. I’m looking forward to finishing work on the next milestone. Stay tuned for the week 06 updates. Don’t forget to check out my other articles as well. See you guys at the next one. Until then stay safe! ✌️